Ministry of Supply Stores, Priory Road
Ministry of Supply warehouses c1995. An office block has been added to the front of the original building, as has a despatch area to the left
At the rear of the Methodist Church in Priory Road, the Ministry of Supply built a large warehouse, 200ft by 120ft, to be used for the storage of machinery. It was of course convenient for the nearby railway yards. Construction began in May 1941 and inside was a small office, and a room providing ARP facilities.
It is known that H & H Transport, who moved to Warwick Road after being bombed out of Coventry, moved machinery in and out of the warehouse; they had a capability to move machinery of up to 25 tons.
In May 1962, the buildings were put up for sale by the Ministry of Supply. They became a factory and were occupied by Segmatic and later System Floors UK Ltd. Today the site is covered by the southern part of Reeve Drive.
The Ministry of Supply buildings being demolished in the late 1990s